By examining best practice, recent successful case law and utilising case studies, exercises and group-work, the course aims to enable
participants to be more confident, effective and positive when dealing with anti-social behaviour.
- Understand different kinds of anti-social behaviour
- Work through preventive options and consider how best to sustain tenancies and communities
- Appreciate the importance of the initial response and taking complaints seriously,
- Acquire skills in interviewing techniques and taking witness statements,
- Appreciate how mediation might assist
- Understand the role and powers of other agencies i.e. police, environmental health, social services, voluntary sector and others
- Help tenants ‘navigate’ the many agencies who might assist.
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.