This one-day training course has been designed to develop an understanding of the role of a minute taker. Participants will recognise the importance of minute taking and learn essential techniques for producing minutes that are accurate, complete, and using the most appropriate and effective format. Participants will also explore good and bad practice, in addition to common problems that arise.
- Identify different types of meetings
- Understand the role of a minute taker
- Be familiar with the skills of a minute take
- Consider what preparation is required
- Understand how to agree and compose an agenda
- Consider what to record/what not to record
- Carry out meeting agreements
- Identify different minute taking styles
- Develop their listening skills
- Understand how to edit and summarise minutes
- Draft minutes of a meeting
- Identify confidentiality and data protection issues
- Work towards the agreed action plan and complete their learning log
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.