Benefits for older people: Benefits, Pensions and other Essentials
The upheaval currently going within the world of benefits is mainly directed at working age people, so its easy to see how issues for older people can get overlooked. This age group faces its own turmoil, especially with the introduction of the new State Pension this year. This Benefits course is deliver through a short session (2.5 hours) refresher on what’s happening to people who are in their early sixties onwards. The session will give participants an understanding of how the benefits system is organised for these clients, including an overview of the new State Pension.
- Understand the different types of benefits available to this age group, including pension credit
- Understand the principles of the brand new state pension which comes into effect in April 2016
- Feel confident about how savings affect benefits, including housing benefit
- Use the internet to work out benefit entitlement, and access information about benevolent funds and other sources of help
- Appreciate the nature of recent and future reforms and how they will affect this client group
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions Short Films and Course hand-outs.