This course is delivered from a Housing point of view. It aims to embed an understanding of safeguarding and give a guide to Housing professionals on how to work with the increased responsibilities of the Care Act together with guidance on he vital area of partnership working. It specifically aims to give an understanding of new duties and responsibilities for Local Authorities and Housing Associations. It addition it refers to good practice and equips staff with a practical toolkit to deal with challenging situations.
- Understand what housing organisations should do and must do, Adult safeguarding
- Gain a clear understanding on the practicalities of Adult safeguarding in a Social Housing context
- Be aware of the new safeguarding responsibilities for Local Authorities, and their partners, under the Care Act 2014
- Have a clear understanding of the six safeguarding principles and “making safeguarding personal”
- Acquire a knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Have a clear understanding of how the new responsibilities will affect practice
- Give attendees confidence in the fundamental area of joined up working, information sharing, and communication with partners