Registered providers report that they are having to deal with the ever-increasing issue of challenging customer behaviour. Effectively doing so improves customer satisfaction and reduces management time that could be spent elsewhere. Participants will develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to address and manage challenging behaviour displayed by tenants and residents. Key elements of the course include understanding why individuals act in certain ways and how officer response and body language is often central to success. Some of the techniques taught in this course are successfully used in other sectors where challenging behaviour is more frequently displayed.
- Define challenging behaviour
- Understand the triggers
- Understand the stages of emotional escalation
- Apply techniques to de-escalate challenging behaviour on the phone and in person
- Understand the impact of our thinking style, words used, body language and tone of voice
- Use active listening skills and manage emotional responses
- Effectively communicate and manage service failure
- Apply techniques to address aggressive, abusive and violent customer behaviour
- Develop post-incident good practice and record keeping
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.