The CIH Level 2 Certificate in Housing is an introductory vocationally-related qualification for the housing sector. The qualification will provide learners with a basic understanding of housing and prepare them for future study if and when they wish to continue.
This course is particularly suitable for
- People new to the housing sector
- Staff who want to improve their general knowledge of housing
- People working in housing who may be reluctant to study at Level 3 initially as it has been a while since they have been out of education.
- Residents who want to have a greater involvement and understanding of housing related issues
What will you study?
To be awarded the qualification you must successfully complete the following four units:
1. Housing provision and housing organisations
2. Customer service for housing
3. Assets, repairs and maintenance
4. Professional development in housing
The course is usually delivered over 6 months. There are 4 classroom days, these can be completed at your premises or in your own training facility. Tutor support and additional learning resources are available throughout the course, online and face to face. The course will:
- provide learners with a basic understanding of housing
- introduce some of the skills and knowledge necessary to participate in housing related activities
- prepare learners for future study
Learners may progress to the CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice.