This course outlines the most effective way to manage an unauthorised encampment and the various enforcement routes available to a land owner in successfully removing the encampment, whilst keeping costs to a minimum. It highlights the role of the Police and Local Authority when dealing with an unauthorised encampment, and discusses preemptive measures that can be taken to prevent unauthorised encampments occurring.
- Appropriate Risk Assessment of an unauthorised encampment
- Effective Liaison Techniques
- Service Standards for Managing an unauthorised encampment
- The legal framework for enforcement and removal
- The Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1984 Powers
- Civil Procedure Rule 55
- The Role of the Police
- The Role of the Local Authority
- Effective methods of prevention through the courts
- Effective site assessment and protection methods
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.