This session is a practical, interactive course aimed at providing residents with an overview of the skills required to gain and maintain employment. It includes a group of areas for examination that can be extended, reduced or amended to cater for the needs of the individuals in attendance.
- Writing a CV – Writing a covering Letter
- Creating the right impression at interviews– Presenting Yourself
- Competency Based Interview Questions
- Dealing with your First Few Days at Work
- Communication at Work
- Working in a Team
- Managing your Time
- Following Instructions at Work
- Telephone Techniques
- Beginner Excel/Word/Outlook
- Understanding the Workplace
- Punctuality and Attendance
- Demonstrating a Positive Attitude
- Willing to Learn
- Coping with Challenges
- Have clear objectives as to what the minimum and maximum their organisation can charge and be able to use tradeables within the discussion with the employer to win their business.
- Learn some tested negotiation strategies and tactics to achieve an agreement in discussions.
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.