This course represents an opportunity to examine a frank, open and honest approach to understanding equality & diversity within the context of the Equality Act 2010. It also shows how individuals and staff can challenge discrimination in the light of recent and ongoing changes to equality legislation. Attendees will experience highlighting the 9 protected characteristics and the 7 ways one may discriminate.
- Recognise the numerous areas of influence on their own thinking
- Understand the business case for equality
- Define Equality and Diversity
- Understand the difference between Direct and Indirect Discrimination
- Challenge Discrimination more effectively
- Examine their own behaviour
- Understand the reasons for the introduction of legislation and subsequent revisions
- Highlight the various beneficiaries within private and social housing
- Understand how they can contribute to the implementation of the principles of equality and diversity in their organisation
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.