This course equips delegates with the essential skills required to effectively deal with a number of first aid emergencies. Upon completion of the course, delegates will be awarded with a certificate that enables them to become a designated workplace first-aider in accordance with the Health and Safety (First-aid) Regulations 1981. The course takes place over a 3 day period and is valid for 3 years.
- Introduction and explanation
- First aid health and safety regulations
- How to manage incidents calmly and safely
- The examination of a casualty and further actions and treatments
- Treatment of unconsciousness, shock, bleeding, fractures, burns and scalds
- How to deal with heart attacks, choking, eye injuries, sudden poisoning and other general common illnesses both minor and major
- Knowledge of basic life support
- First aid kits and dressings
- Recording and reporting injuries
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.