It is essential that key staff understand the principles and practices of infection prevention and control. This course gives delegates a better understanding of the importance of why we need to have infection control measures implemented in the workplace.
- The meaning and importance of infection control
- Legislation and management of infection control in the UK
- Practising infection control
- Universal precautions
- Infection and its causes
- How infection spreads
- How to fight infection
- Making and breaking the chain of infection
- Personal health and hygiene, including hand washing techniques
- Keeping a clean working environment
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.