The environment in which social housing organisations operate is constantly changing. This has certainly been the case in the last ten years as government has made significant change after significant change to Housing Law. The introduction of Homes England, Universal Credit, ‘Bedroom Tax’, Benefit Caps and changes to Right to Buy continue to change housing provision like never before. This interactive introduction to social housing is delivered through a one day programme that provides delegates with an overview and understanding of the social housing sector and the environment in which housing organisations operate. It will also consider the key challenges and new opportunities that social housing providers face as the sector continues to evolve.
- Understand the history of social housing and its pioneers
- Gain insight into social housing and provision
- Understand regulation & funding
- Explain core values of effective registered providers
- Welfare Reform
- Anti-social behaviour and estate management
- Repairs & maintenance and voids and lettings
- Community development
- Understand the connections within housing
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.