The revenue received through the collection of rent is crucial for the development and maintenance programmes of all providers of Social Housing. Delegates will develop a basic understanding of the importance of arrears management and debt collection to Social Landlords following legislative changes and the present challenging financial climate.
- Understand arrears within the context of Welfare Reform
- Gain insight into the legal framework
- Recognise the importance of an effective Rent Arrears Policy
- Understand the role of a Strategic Approach
- Identify how profiling tenants can be a an effective preventative measure
- Understand why customer involvement is so important
- Examine how to effectively manage arrears collection
- Recognise the pivotal role of intervention in its various forms
- Understand why going to court should be the last resort
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.