To provide housing staff with the contextual knowledge of homelessness in the light of The Localism Act 2011 and subsequent Welfare Reform and all its implications. Participants will be helped to develop the skills to effectively carry out their roles in support of existing tenancies where appropriate.
- Understand the context of homelessness since the introduction the Localism Act 2011
- Identify the key elements of Homelessness qualification
- Glean an overview of homelessness assessment process
- Recognise why being homeless involves much more than losing ones home
- Understand what Housing Association staff can do to help prevent homelessness
- Understand what Housing Association staff can do to help those who are intentionally homeless
- Discern the key implications of Welfare Reform
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.