Delegates will learn the key skills required to effectively and appropriately manage staff and resources. This session will provide opportunities for delegates to discuss their own management styles and compare these with good practice standards across several industries/sectors.
- Define the difference between managing and leading
- Appreciate key thinking and research on leadership models and methodology
- Demonstrate and understanding of the requisite leadership competencies
- Understand what is organisational culture and how to set, communicate and embed this culture
- Utilise various communication styles to motivate, persuade, and influence others across the organisation
- Plan, lead and communicate change and innovation
- Set and embed a strong performance management culture, including systems and processes to effectively address underperformance
- Effectively delegate without losing accountability
- Develop an analytical ability to support management decisions
- Addressing challenges, conflict and resistance
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.