The personal safety of all staff should be a key area of consideration for every housing provider. Ensuring individuals are equipped to confidently make the right decisions with regard to their safety and that of their colleagues is essential. Changes in housing provision
and customer expectations over the last decade have made certain interactions more challenging. This course provides attendees with the knowledge, skills and confidence to assess, effectively manage and avoid risk to their personal safety in addition to the safety of those that follow them when working alone.
- Define Lone Working and Responsibilities
- Understand their employees responsibilities in relation to their personal safety
- Understand your personal responsibilities in relation to your own personal safety
- Assess and manage personal risk
- Recognise the business case for maintaining lone worker safety
- Appreciate the importance of vigilance when considering colleague safety
- Identify the real cost to employers and employees when personal safety is compromised
- Recognise one’s own personal boundaries when faced with challenging situations
- Identify the signs of conflict escalation and techniques that can effectively reduce it
- Know how to respond to anger and aggression
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.