This course will help delegates increase their increase awareness of the different types of mental illnesses and behavioural disorders.
- Background and Historical Context of Mental Illness
- Classification of Mental Illnesses (DSM –IV)
- Overview of the Mental Health Act (1983)
- Identification of Common Mental Disorders
- Management of four common disorders:
– Depression & Anxiety
– Bi-Polar Disorder
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.