Medication administration is an essential and key area of user care. Key staff are not only responsible for the safe delivery of medication but also upholding client dignity, encouraging independence and respecting choices the service user makes. This is an excellent refresher course for all relevant members of staff.
- Identify legislation
- The 7 rights of medication administration
- Classification & Types of medication
- Routes into the body
- Maintaining records – MARs
- Prescribing Medication
- Types & Reasons for errors
- Storing & Disposing of medication
- Self-Administration & supporting independence
- Contra indications, allergies and overdoses
- Monitoring Dosage Systems
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.