Contextual knowledge of homelessness in the light of recent welfare reform and all its implications is essential. Participants will be helped to develop the skills to effectively carry out roles that support existing tenancies.
- Understand the context of homelessness since the introduction the Localism Act 2011
- Identify the key elements of Homelessness qualification
- Glean an overview of homelessness assessment process
- Recognise why being homeless involves much more than losing one’s home
- Understand what Housing Association staff can do to help prevent homelessness
- Understand what Housing Association staff can do to help those who are intentionally homeless
- Understand the real cost to employers and employees when personal safety is compromised
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.