Universal Credit will be in place for ‘straightforward’ cases across the country by spring 2016, and the pathfinder and pilot areas will be geared up for claims from couples and families.
This day long course will take learning about UC to a more technical level, and will offer practical guidance and up to date knowledge for everyone affected by the implementation of this new benefit.
- Understand the claiming arrangements, who qualifies for UC and who does not, and what happens when claimants move areas
- Explain the online process to your clients and help them prepare for making and maintaining successful claims
- Understand how the calculation works, how income and earnings are treated, and how to interpret the award letters
- Support clients through the wait for the first payments
- Understand the way housing costs are met, the pitfalls for both private and social tenants, and the different scenarios facing lodgers and non dependants
- Put into practice requests for Alternative Payment Arrangements and Personal Budgeting Support to ensure protection for vulnerable people
- Support your clients in coping with extra ‘conditionality’ and a harsher sanctions regime
- Use internet resources for maximum helpfulness
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.