The housing sector is facing unprecedented changes and challenges when it comes to the most effective use of its resources within the context of public spending cuts, welfare reforms, affordable rents, self-financing, inflation, and how to finance new homes. There is also a requirement for greater transparency, increased scrutiny on the value for money of existing services, and developing a pro-active approach to robustly review operating costs, effective asset management, and freeing up financial capacity for investment on new and existing stock.
- Understanding the challenging economic climate
- Understanding and implementing new economic regulations for social housing providers
- Understanding the principles of VfM and best practice
- Align VfM across the organisation and create a strong VfM ethos and culture
- Identify and undertake service reviews
- Identify and undertake process reviews
- Reviewing key services and procurement within maintenance and estate services contracts
- VfM performance indicators, benchmarking and impact assessments
- Achieve greater accountability, transparency and assurance on VfM initiatives
- Translating and effectively communicating VfM initiatives to residents
- Describe key aspects of the Social Value Act
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.