Participants will develop the skills and knowledge to ensure empty properties are re-let in a timely manner enabling the residents most in he need be re-housed without unnecessary delays. They will understand why efficient systems and processes in place will help manage the key functions for this to be achieved.
- Understand the current context of housing shortage in the UK
- Set out the impact of new under-occupation rules and fixed term tenancies
- Understand local and regional lettings plans
- Identify the key elements of choice based lettings
- Differentiate between major and minor voids, and understand the role asset management
- Follow the void management process
- Develop key partnerships and professional relationships
- Manage contractors, nominating authorities and prospective tenants
- Efficiently manage viewings and be able to set up properties
- Undertake tenancy sign ups and understand what constitutes good practice
- Address underperformance through reviews of systems and processes
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.