This one day session will look in detail at the likely future for welfare reform and Universal Credit now that the Government has confirmed its plan to cut a further 12bn pounds from the benefits budget, and to go full steam ahead with implementing UC.
The day will start with an overview of the controversial key changes announced in the Chancellor’s statements and the new Welfare and Work Bill.
- Understanding the lowering of the benefits cap and the effect that will have locally
- The rollercoaster that is Tax Credits – the current state of affairs
- Changes in the calculation of housing benefit
- Removal of benefits for the third and subsequent children
- Removing parts of ESA and UC for people who are too sick to work
- The national rollout of PIP and the challenges ahead of DLA claimants facing reassessment
- The changing face of sanctions and conditionality
- The future for young people – housing, job seeking, and the new Youth Obligation
All courses use various methods of engagement including Presentations, Q and A, Case studies, Group discussions, Short Films and Course hand-outs.